Bootcamp III: October, 21 2011 – Cambridge
Business Fundamentals Bootcamp III was held on October, 21 2011 at the Cambridge Innovation Center. The event format included more than 20 speakers and panelists who will lent their expertise on tactical issues and opportunities for growing businesses focused specifically on Finance & Administration, Strategy & Marketing, Management & Operations and Legal & Risk Management.
11:30am-11:40pm: Opening Remarks
11:50pm-12:35pm: Finance & Administration Breakout Session
12:45pm-1:30pm: Strategy & Marketing Breakout Session
1:35pm-2:30pm: Lunch Sponsored by Verge Advisors
2:40pm-3:25pm: Legal & Risk Management Breakout Session
3:35pm-4:20pm: Management & HR Breakout Session
4:30pm-6:00pm: Networking & Cocktail Event sponsored by MassPay
Finance & Administration Breakout Sessions:
- Business Growth & Risk Management: Proactive Steps and Pitfalls to Avoid
Charlie Popkin, Longwood Associates
- Government Grants for Businesses
Ron Flavin, Flying Tigers International
- A Mean Lean Finance Machine – Optimizing The Finance Function
Jonathan Iannacone, Verge Advisors
- Death by Taxes – How Taxes Can be Your Downfall!
Jeffrey Warfield & David McManus, Alexander, Aronson, Finning & Co., P.C.
Strategy & Marketing Breakout Sessions:
- Getting Your Business Found Through Search: What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO), How Does it Work for Your Business & How Do You Best Measure Your Return on Investment?
Bob Glazer, Acceleration Partners
- Top Actions You Can Take to Maximize Your Brand’s Equity
Victoria Nessen Kohlasch, Nessen Kohlasch & Associates
- Fundamentals of Selling for Non-Sales People
Barry Clapp, Clapp LTD.
- How to Pick the Best Market for Your New Product When You Only Get One Shot
Jon Klein, Top Line Strategy
Legal & Risk Management Breakout Sessions:
- Using an Advisory Board to Enhance Your Company’s Performance
David Gibbs, Bowditch & Dewey, LLC
- Venture Captial and Angel Term Sheet
Bill Contente, Gesmer Updegrove
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) Plans (aka: Phantom Stock)
Colin Coleman, Innovative Business Law Group, PC.
- Top 5 Legal Hot Spot for Businesses
Lauren Brenner, Telamon
Mangement & HR Breakout Sessions:
- What are my Metrics? How to Build a Management Dashboard
Chris Thomajan, Tech CFO
- Making Your Business Model Crisis Resistant
Thomas Schinkel, Thomas Schinkel & Associates
- What is so Great About Being a Leader?!
Myles Miller, Lead UP
- Translating “E-Myth” Concepts to Practical Management Action
Keith Boudreau, The Growth Coach
Surviving a Near Death Experience -Life Lessons on Resiliency for Your Business
Featuring: Glenn Mangurian – Frontier Works, Carl Wooton -Vertical Performance Partners, Des Pieri
Moderator: Steve Snyder – Gesmer Updegrove